Movement Coaching: Deadlift, Squat, Press 11-9-19 Malvern PA
This seminar will be held on Saturday, November 9th from 8:00a-5:00p at Malvern Prepratory School Malvern, PA). Approved for 8 contact hours (CEU/CECs) by ACE, AFAA, NASM, and NSCA.
Learn to perform, evaluate, and coach the deadlift (hinge), squat, and press movements. This 8-hour seminar will prepare you to program and coach for beginner to advanced students in one-on-one, small group, and large group formats. You will become proficient in performing, evaluating, progressing and coaching the deadlift, squat, and overhead press. Participants will develop their coach’s eye and confidently correct a variety of movement issues with coaching drills and corrective exercises.
This seminar covers:
- Safety concerns
- The joint-by-joint approach to movement coaching
- Movement pattern progressions for the squat, press, and deadlift
- How to establish the rack position for those who lack shoulder girdle flexibility
- Performance, evaluation, and coaching of the “Barbell Big 3”
- Countless drills and coaching fixes for each progression in all 3 movement patterns (squat: i.e. air squat, driver squat, goblet squat, DB/KB front squat, barbell front squat)
- Programming barbell only and blended programs
- Many, many, mobilizations
- Appropriate application of RNT to improve movement quality
- How to determine each person’s optimal foot position in the squat given their anthropometrics
- How to engage the pelvic floor for improved stability
- Everything you need to know about breathing and grinding lifts