Movement Coaching: Deadlift, Squat, and Press 1-28-18
Held on Saturday, 1-28-17 from 8:00a-5:00p at The Kennett Area YMCA (101 Race Street Kennett Square, PA).
Learn to perform, evaluate, and coach the deadlift (hinge), squat, and press movements. This 8-hour seminar will prepare you to program and coach for beginner to advanced students in one-on-one, small group, and large group formats. You will become proficient in performing, evaluating, progressing and coaching the deadlift, squat, and overhead press. Participants will develop their coach’s eye and confidently correct a variety of movement issues with coaching drills and corrective exercises.
All participants receive our 50 page manual, Fit EDU shirt, and power point presentation for continuing learning after the seminar.
This seminar covers:
- Safety concerns
- The joint-by-joint approach to movement coaching
- Movement pattern progressions for the squat, press, and deadlift
- How to establish the rack position for those who lack the necessary flexibility of the shoulder girdle
- Performance, evaluation, and coaching of the “Barbell Big 3”
- Countless drills and coaching fixes for each progression in all 3 movement patterns (squat: i.e. air squat, driver squat, goblet squat, DB/KB front squat, barbell front squat)
- Programming barbell only and blended programs
- Many, many, mobilizations
- Appropriate application of RNT to improve movement quality
This seminar is approved for 8 contact hours either 8 or 0.8 hours depending on the organization by ACE, AFAA, NASM, and NSCA.